Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Gift of Rest

August 3, 2014

Today we rested. There was no teaching and just a little cooking paired with a nap. Simple but great.  I always kick myself when we have to slow down because I hate it. But, unfortunately when I awoke this morning all I could think about was pulling the covers back over my head and turning the clock back to Saturday. So, we decided to refresh.  It is on these restful days that we have church at home. We continued our reading in the Bible. We read in Numbers, Psalms, Song of Solomon, and finished with Hebrews. I love how we read the Bible. Each chapter divided up evenly so that everyone has the same number of verses. I love to hear the children sound out all the challenging names, locations etc. It is so nice to read, pray, and eat in our PJ's. No translating just transparency on our days off. Time to exhale and regroup before we start another week. These days and moments are holy to our family.  The reminders of our differences are less on these days and it gives us a chance to join the Lord in the quiet of our home.

Thank you Lord that you are rest. Thank you Lord for helping me to remember that rest is a part of reaching your promises. May we all take time each week to open your gift of rest.

Joshua 1:13-Remember the word which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, saying, 'The Lord your God gives you rest and will give you this land.'

No comments:

Post a Comment