Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Effect of Grace

January 20, 2014

Today is another Monday. A new week. A time for me to look back on what is finished and to look ahead to what is yet to be accomplished. There is not a role in life that can be lived the way that God wants it lived apart from His enabling Grace. It is the Grace received by faith that called me and it is the Grace renewed each day that allows me to continue. I am to serve Christ with the Grace with which He serves me.
                         
    Romans 1:5[Jesus Christ our Lord], through whom we have received grace and____ to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake.

I included, Jesus Christ our Lord, from verse 4 of Romans chapter 1, because I wanted to remind us of where this Grace came. I also left a blank in the place of the word "apostleship" because "apostleship" was Paul's calling and not mine or yours. You can insert what it is that you have been called by Christ to do here.

You will discover the essence of how God means for you to live your life.

God has freely given me forgiveness and the power to do a calling, and fulfill a role which I have accepted by faith. As I stated above, " There is not a role in life that can be lived the way that God wants it lived apart from His enabling Grace." Being a godly mother, missionary, IT guy, etc... is impossible without the power of Grace.

So, when Paul writes, 1 Corinthians 15:10- But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me, the deciding factor in your ministry is Grace, God's Grace. We should be so quick to proclaim, just like Paul, that it is nothing that we bring but is everything that God has lavished upon us through his son, Jesus Christ.

So, how will you labor today? Will you labor as one receiving pay or one who has received Grace?

1 comment: