Monday, July 2, 2012

Follow The Leader


"If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him."  John 12:26

With 17 days left before we leave the United States, I fear that I have made a huge mistake - I have run out of time. So many people to hug, so many yet to be shared meals, so many last minute glimpses of places that remind me of home, so much packing...


How should I order my last few days?
I love to look to the scriptures to help me prioritize. In the book of John we see Jesus display what is a priority as he finishes his earthly ministry.
*A meal v.2
*Worship  v.3
*Recognizing that the enemy is very near but defeated v.4
*Understanding that our purpose is to be a vessel for God’s glory and it requires sacrifice v.27-28

So…..

I will make time for every precious friend or family member that needs a moment of my time.


I will guard my time with the Lord each day and maintain a spirit of worship because I have so much to say “thank-you” for and God is Enough to warrant my continued praise.


I will stand firm against the enemy.  Knowing that his presence is a great reminder of what has been defeated and will not be a part of my eternity.


I will look forward to the days ahead, knowing that I must follow Him  and that He is right there beside me through every anxious turn, teaching me how to be an instrument for God’s glory.





No comments:

Post a Comment