Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Freedom


"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."  John 8:36

You are fully free-completely free, free indeed, when you have the desire, the ability, and the opportunity to do what will make you happy in a thousand years. Or we could say, you are fully free when you have the desire, the ability, and the opportunity to do what will leave you no regrets forever.
                                                                                                                     -Dr. John Piper-

We all want to be free, but are we truly free? The father of this world, the horrible liar that he is, daily tries everything in his power to re-shackle me to my roots. My words, my actions, my thoughts commit an allegiance to my previous enslavement. Where does this come from? Does it just happen or is it the core of who I am? I cannot deny that I was a child of darkness. Born into sin, I therefore find myself returning to do the desires of my father. Freedom seems out of my grasp. With that feeling of hopelessness, he has achieved the ultimate murder. He has single-handedly severed my cord of redemption, or has he?
As I am falling into the hands of destruction, the eagle appears. He swoops in with unexpected grace. The eagle bears me on wings of new strength that will not grow weary or tired. I am raised in the unconditional love, power,and splendor of the King. 
                                                                                           Isaiah 40:31

I am rescued. I am FREE. 

He then transplants my roots beside streams of living water. I now grow the branches that bear the fruit of my Risen Lord and King. I am His treasure and He is mine. My prayer to be a creation worthy of my Creator has now been given the ability and opportunity to accompany my desire to be beautiful in the eyes of the Lord.

I was made for more than the roaring lion wants me to believe. I am a doll in the eyes of my daddy. My feet we made to go to and fro on this earth that He created for my pleasure. My voice was made to fall on the ears of my Savior. My hands were made to take hold of those that are lost and bring them home to the banquet table. My ears were made to hear the praises of every nation, every language, every tongue. I was made extraordinary and so were you. Can you hear your invitation into the Glorious? Don’t we all long for a forever of mercy, grace, love, and no regrets?

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners."   Isaiah 61:1

I must go, I must tell, I must help others be set FREE.


No comments:

Post a Comment